Gary Wilson retired from his position in the banking industry as a Corporate Vice-President of Mergers & Acquisitions at age 40. He then decided to pursue his real estate license, and in just six months he built a six-figure income through his real estate business. He has worked with over three thousand investment properties in just five years. Now Gary is a multi-millionaire real estate professional and the author of five books on real estate. His passion is to mentor other investors on how to generate their own multi-million dollar portfolio.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What Gary Wilson’s past in mergers and acquisitions means for those interested in pursuing careers in real estate
- How Gary generated a six-figure income in his first six months in real estate
- Why Gary believes a great support group is essential for prolonged success
- Gary’s transition from mergers and acquisitions into real estate and how different the mindset is for investing vs. corporate banking
- How Gary’s experience in the corporate world helped him transition into real estate by applying those skills he had honed over the years
- Why it is important for investors to treat their business ventures like businesses rather than hobbies
- What a C-plus property is and why Gary believes investing in those is better than investing in “no money down” properties
- What spiritual alignment has meant to Gary and how he knew his corporate existence wasn’t working for him
- Why servicing others resonates so well with Gary and how he applies it in the work he does in real estate and other pursuits
- The importance of balance in investing and giving
- How forcing detachment from material things made Gary experience more freedom and how this helps him in his business today.
- Why Gary believes that treating relationships like a gift helps him value the relationships more
Ways to Contact Gary Wilson: